- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Contact: +91 9830404312
- Address: Flat-4B, Fortune Estates, 27 Chetla Central Road, Kolkata - 700027
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.d (Jadavpur University 2014)
- M.Sc (Calcutta University 2006)
- B.Sc (Calcutta University 2004)
St.Xavier's College(Autonomous), Kolkata (2007-2012)
Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata (2012-2017)
Jadavpur University (2017 till date)
Field of Specialization
Open Economy Macro economics, Financial Economics, Development Economics
ECourses Taught / Teaching
Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Industrial Organisation
Open economy macroeconomics, Financial Structure, Macroeconomic Policies
Journal Papers Published
- Openness, Inflation and Output under Alternative Monetary Policies : A Structuralist Approach, jointly with Nandini Das and Ranjanendra Narayan Nag in the special issue of Foreign Trade Review on theoretical models of International Trade and Finance, Vol. 54(2), May 2019, ISSN: 09717633.
- Macroeconomics of Demonetisation: A short period equilibrium, jointly with Moumita Basu and Ranjanendra Narayan Nag in Trade and Development Review, Vol – 9, Issue 1 - 2, 2017, 31 – 56, ISSN 0974-4347.
- Financial Structure and Macroeconomic Performance in Asian Countries: A Principal Component Analysis (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Asian journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 8(5), 2018, Online ISSN: 224-7307.
- Capital Flow, Asset Prices and Macroeconomic Performance in an emerging Market Economy: Models and Policy perspectives (jointly with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Journal of Research in Economics and International Finance, 1(1), 31-38, July 2012, ISSN-2315-5671.Open Economy Macroeconomics of credit, employment and growth: A structuralist approach (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Journal of Developing Areas, 49(3), 35-50, 2015.
- Money, the Stock Market and the Macroeconomy: A theoretical Analysis (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in The Pakistan Development Review, 52(3), Autumn 2013, 235 – 246, ISSN 0030-9729.
- Rajnoitik Monda o tar samadhan: ekti bishleshon (jointly with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Arthabisleshon, 1(2), 99-106, 2014, ISSN 2321-1903.
- Stock market, capital flow and output: some analytical and policy perspectives (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, 1752-0851, 4(1), March 2011, 85 – 99, ISSN 1752-0843 (Print), 1752-0851 (Online).
- A Simple Effective Demand Model of Capital Flow, Asset Prices and Output (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Trade and Development Review, 4(1), 2011, 1-18, ISSN 0963-8199 (Print), 1469-9559 (Online).
- Financial Intermediation, Asset Prices and Macroeconomic Performance in Developing Countries: A theoretical analysis (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Artha Beekshan, 20(2 and 3), 2011, 3-15, ISSN 0972-1185.
- Financial Intermediation, Capital Flow and Macro Economy: An Effective Demand Model for an Emerging Market Economy (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in Journal of Economic Integration 25(3), September 2010; 571-591, ISSN: 1225-651X.
i) Credit, Capital Accumulation and the Macroeconomy: A Dynamic Analysis (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in “Indian Economy: A Visionary Perspective” edited by John Felix Raj, Samrat Roy and Koushik Kumar Hati, Regal Publications, New Delhi, 2016. ISBN: 978-81-8484-524-2.
ii) An Effective Demand Model of Corporate Leverage and Recession (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in “Analytical Issues in Trade, Development and Finance” edited by Ambar Nath Ghosh and Asim K. Karmarkar,I ndia Studies in Business and Economics, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-1650-6_22, © Springer India 2014.
iii) A Simple Effective Demand Model of Dividend policy, Stock Market Valuation and Output (with Ranjanendra Narayan Nag) in “Emerging Issues in the Indian Economy” edited by Prankrishna Pal, Alok K. Bhaumik and Kausik Gupta, Regal Publications, New Delhi, 2011. ISBN: 978-81-8484-108-4.
Ph. D Thesis Guidance
Trisha Bhattacharya (Ongoing), jointly with Dr. Simontini Das
Shishir Roy ( Ongoing), jointly with Dr. Poulomi Roy
- Delivered lecture on Impact of Covid-19 on Socio Economic Fabric of India at the National Webinar organized by The Department of Economics in collaboration with IQAC of Acharya Prafulla Chandra College, New Barrackpore on 18.08.2020.
- Delivered lecture on Policy, reform and development experience: Indian Economy since 2000 at the International Webinar on Indian Economic Policy and Populism on 14/08/2020.